Sunday, March 31, 2013


Yesterday I cried in my sleep
I didn't dream, I just cried.
He’s gone. He’s gone. He’s gone.
I’m gone.

I’m not angry anymore
I just hurt.
Like a bruise that seeps past my skin
And into my bones.
I hurt.

I see him as if nothing happened
Happy, having fun, smiling –
in my dreams.

He left a disaster behind him
He left us scrambling to pick up
Pieces of broken glass
Pieces too shattered to put back together
Never to regain its former self – our former selves.

How am I suppose to move on?
You were all of  me
My heart. My love. My motivation.
Why try to put pieces together
When the main part is gone.

I just want to hold your hand.
To touch you. To feel you.
He’s gone. He’s gone. He’s gone.
I’m gone.

I’m not angry anymore.
I just hurt.
No. I’m hurt. I’m angry.
Angry at death for existing.
Angry at death for not passing you by.
Angry at myself for thinking I had forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment