Friday, March 8, 2013



Hand in hand is what i desire
A love ever enduring blazing with fire
Two becoming one how romantic a notion
Can it ever be or is it merely a childish emotion?
What I desire is everlasting- ever burning ever changing--yet everlasting
It is for that I am fighting- for that I am grasping
Is there another who shares my perception,
Who yearns for that ardent bond and not constant deception?
Crushed and abandoned, Once afraid to open my heart
With my deep emotions I would never part
I held on to my love, no longer would I share it
No one was deserving, gentle enough to cherish it
Instead, i gave of my being, for that hurt less
Simply a moment in time filled with a sweet caress.
Passions ignited, shallow at best
Never enough to put my yearning to rest.
No longer could I ignore my heart's muffled cries
It needed substance, or else prolong my internal demise.
The love I harbored inside fought to escape
It was too strong of a love, too deep to sit and wait
It yearned to share all it possessed inside
To give of itself, for its passion it could not hide.
I now realize my love is too much to hoard
Living without loving-- I simply cannot afford
My passion--- stronger than the past, stronger than the pain.
Holds on to faith and sees through the rain
As the sun and moon fade, my delicate heart it is molding
Everlasting ever growing ever sharing, not withholding
I know not what life has in store,
Yet giving of my love I shall remain, forever more...


No comments:

Post a Comment