Monday, March 7, 2011




Ode to You


I thought we'd be like this forever
You and I-- take on the world together.
Thought we'd conquer and succeed
Neither my heart nor yours would bleed.
I never imagined you and I
Fighting--an eye for an eye.
I would never believe we'd end up like this
With our backs against each other--or fist to fist.
I cannot erase the pain you feel inside
And from that guilt I cannot hide.
I want to turn back time to the way it was
To the way it should be, without the gloves.
I've hurt you and now you yearn to make me suffer
The sweet words of solace I failed to muster.
I guess I must pay for tears you cried
But my tears are here--no longer will they hide.
I feel your pain and yearn to comfort you
But I am human & perfection I cannot do.
Maybe I should block it all out
And pretend those words never came out of your mouth.
Maybe act as though nothing is wrong
Like you never existed--Just move on.
How can I act like you never existed
When our lives are entwined, mangled & twisted.
We share the same goals, dreams and aspirations
I can't simply make believe you were just a figment of my imagination.
Oh--if only I knew then what I know now.
If only I could go back & change life somehow.
I'll never forget you and the relationship we shared
In my thoughts--you'll remain always, never a day spared.


No comments:

Post a Comment