Friday, April 5, 2013


My stomach is in knots and my body is quite tense
When can I breathe, let down my defense.
Is it safe to let go, to open my heart
Or better yet wait, for this too shall part.

Could this be it, could this be true
Could I have stumbled and fallen right onto you?
My heart flutters in great anticipation
For a mere possibility of a state of elation.

I've waited so long and tried my best
To keep it safe and guarded from the rest.
Pieces have been scraped, but it’s merely the corners
The core remains in tact– no reason to mourn her.

Here– take this heart, as it clearly belongs to you
I've held on to it long enough, and my body will no longer do.
Never shall I want it back, as it’s yours for eternity  
All I ask in return is the heart you've held for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment