Sunday, April 14, 2013

Everywhere

Up in the sky to search among the stars,
Right here on Earth, may as well be on Mars.
Down tree-lined sidewalks in the sun's light,
Up shadowed corridors in the darkest of night.

Why do you escape me, when I search so earnestly?


With a magnifying glass and then from a mountain top,

I will not break, I will not stop.
Beneath wool blankets and behind lead doors,
As I seek you, I crave you more and more.

Why do you evade me, when I search so persistently?


Even among tree branches and underneath mossy rocks,

If it leads to finding you, I'd consider picking locks.
Up-down-all around, my strength will not last,
I'm growing inpatient, I need you here fast.

Why do you eclipse me, when I search so desperately?


My will has now weakened, and my eyes are quite sore,

Even my heart is aching, and my legs can walk no more.
I've come to question my reason, my desire for you,
There's nowhere left to look, nothing more to do.

Why do I search so fervently, when you're here right beside me?

No comments:

Post a Comment